Rhine Falls & Zürich Tour with Lindt Chocolate Shop
From £89 per personBook now
- Visit Europe's largest waterfall at the Rhine Falls on the Upper Rhine River
- Drive through the lush farmlands and vineyards of northern Switzerland
- See the Chagall windows in Zurich's Fraumünster Church
- Take an optional boat ride to the heart of the Rhine Falls in summer
- Cruise Lake Zurich on a 1-hour boat cruise (summer only)
- Discover where Albert Einstein went to college
- Ride the Dolder Railway to the Zürichberg
- Stroll among the regenrated factories of trendy Zurich West
- Go to the Lindt Chocolate Factory to buy tasty Swiss chocolates at good prices!
Transfer by air-conditioned coach through the charming farming village of Marthalen. Admire its traditional frame houses and the 16th-century Munot Fortress. Pass some of the area’s vineyards. Upon arrival at the Rhine Falls on the Upper Rhine River, gaze in awe at a breathtaking landscape formed during the Ice Age. During the summer months (April-October), you can take an optional boat ride to the middle of the Rhine Falls, and experience the cascades from the viewing platforms.
Return to Zurich for a tour of the city landmarks, including the enchanting buildings of the Old Town. Go to the Swiss National Museum, built in the style of a Renaissance chateau. Continue to the Lindenhof neighborhood to see the Roman castle. Discover Europe’s largest clock face on the façade of St. Peter’s Church.
Admire the stained glass windows by Marc Chagall in the Fraumünster Church. Continue to the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, one of the highest-ranked engineering colleges in the world, where past alumni include Albert Einstein. Then, ride the Dolder Railway for a panoramic view of the valley from Zürichberg.
Continue into the once industrial area of Zurich known as Zurich West. Discover how this former area of industry was regenerated to become one of the city's hippest districts. Discover museums in abandoned factories, trendy night clubs, and more.
Next, transfer to Lake Zurich and the small community of Kilchberg, home to the headquarters of Lindt chocolate. Visit the Lindt Chocolate Shop to buy some of the best Swiss chocolates at a reasonable price! Stroll along the lake shore to board a boat for a 1-hour cruise on Lake Zurich (summer only). Sit back and relax as the stunning scenery floats by. End at Bürkliplatz, close to the Bahnhofstrasse and historic Old Town.
During the winter season (November-March), when the cruise doesn’t operate, transfer back to Zurich to enjoy a hot drink in a gourmet restaurant in the former Escher-Wyss foundry hall.
- Transportation by comfortable, air-conditioned bus
- Multilingual guide
- Ticket for the Dolder Railway
- Entrance fees during the Zurich city tour
- Non-alcoholic drink at Genüsserei restaurant (winter time)
- Personal expenses
- Boat ride in the summer to the rock at the middle of the Rhine Falls. Tickets can be purchased directly from the tour guide at CHF 8 for adults and CHF 4 for children (rates subject to change)
Meet at the Sihlquai parking lot, near Zurich Main Train Station Directions from Zürich Main Train Station: Go to track No. 18 (this is the last track on the ground floor). You will see the street on your right hand side. Follow the track until the street turns right. Turn right. After approximately 20 meters, you will see Starbucks. The big square in front of it is Sihlquai Coach Parking Directions by streetcar: Take streetcar 4, 13 or 17 to "Sihlquai." Sihlquai Coach Parking is just opposite Starbucks
• A pick-up from Zurich Airport at 09:30 is available upon registration. The bus driver is not able to wait for late arrivals at Zurich Airport. Please arrive early
• The optional boat ride is not available during the winter season (November through March)
• Spanish speaking tours to the Rhine Falls are only available on request (November through March)
• Explore Lake Zurich on a 1-hour boat cruise (April through mid-October). The boat cruise is not available in the winter months (November through March), and you will enjoy a hot drink at a local gourmet restaurant instead
Product ID: 49793