Enjoy a scenic drive to the Rhine Falls, Europe's biggest waterfall, with convenient departures from the Zurich airport and the city center. This coach tour is an ideal way to start or end your vacation to northern Switzerland and the Upper Rhine.
What to Expect
As you travel towards the Rhine Falls in northern Switzerland on this coach trip, you’ll pass through the charming farming village of Marthalen, with its traditional frame houses. You’ll also see the 16th-century Munot Fortress and the area’s renowned vineyards.
The highlight of the trip will undoubtedly be the sight of the Rhine Falls. This natural feature is located on the Upper Rhine River and has been around since the Ice Age.
During the summer you can take an optional boat ride to the middle of the falls, at the heart of the cascading waters, and enjoy the magnificent spectacle from the viewing platforms.
Alternatively, you can enjoy a leisurely hour on the banks of the river. The return journey takes you over the border to southern Germany for a short stretch. Back in Zurich, you’ll be dropped off in the city center or at the airport.
A multi-lingual guide leads the excursion, and with airport pick-up and drop-off available. The tour is a great way to start or end your vacation.
- Comfortable bus transportation
- English- and German-speaking guides (Spanish-speaking guide – only available not request - not guaranteed)
- Airport pick-up and drop off
What's Not Included
- Boat ride in the summer to the rock at the middle of the Rhine Falls (tickets can be purchased directly from the tour guide at CHF 8 for adults and CHF 4 for children, with rates subject to change)
Pick-up in Zurich city center is at 09:15 (all year around on operational days) at the Sihlquai coach park, near Zurich's main train station. You can take streetcar 4 or 13, stop "Sihlquai." Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure and bring identification.
Pick-up at Zurich Airport is possible at 09:30 upon registration. From your arrival hall in terminal 1 or 2 please follow the signs for “Regional bus / Tramway.” Once outside the building please look to your left and you will see the coach parking. Wait at the sign board saying “Reisebus Terminal.” Your guide will arrive by coach and wave a clip board saying “Best of Switzerland Tours” and pick you up there. Please take note that your coach is on the road prior to your pick-up and depending on traffic conditions may be a little late.
What to Remember
Please note the following:
• A passport is mandatory
• The bus driver is not able to stop and wait for late arrivals at Zurich Airport. Please arrive early
• The optional boat ride is not available during the winter season (November through March)
• Spanish is only available on request
• The tour ends at around 12:45 at Carpark Sihlquai in Zurich City, or at 12:15 or 17:45 at the "Reisebus Terminal" at Zurich Airport