Get your adrenaline thrills on an 8-day multi-activity adventure holiday in and around Plitvice Lakes National Park. Enjoy activities such as hikes, rafting and a bike ride through forests and fields. Enjoy breathtaking views of the stunning scenery.
What to Expect
Explore the scenic beauty of the Plitvice Lakes National Park on a multi-activity package tour and discover a World Heritage Site that is host to 16 lakes, endless forests and numerous waterfalls fed by both the Black and White Rivers. Journey down the Mreznica River by kayak, raft down the Una River in Bosnia and hike in Velebit Nature Park.
Day 1: Arrival - Plitvice Lakes
Following your arrival at Zagreb, Zadar or Rijeka Airport, transfer by van on a 2-hour drive to the tiny village of Korana. The village is located in a picture-perfect riverside setting near Plitvice Park and this is where you will spend a week with local residents in their private guesthouses. Settle into your accommodation, before meeting by the riverside hacienda for a welcome drink and brief orientation. Discuss the upcoming itinerary and get to know your fellow travelers.
Day 2: Plitvice Lakes National Park Walk
Start the day with a walk along the wooden paths and bridges in and around Plitvice Lakes. Croatia's premier national park, Plitvice Lakes is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to 16 emerald green and opal-blue travertine lakes, more than 90 waterfalls and numerous caves. The lake is surrounded by beech and pine forests and home to extensive wildlife. Enjoy a picnic lunch in untouched nature. Then take a panoramic boat and train ride back to the start point. Return to Korana village in time to swim in the clear waters of the river in front of your accommodation.
≤em>B, D (lunch is on your own)
4-6 mile hike on easy terrain and well-marked paths.
Day 3: Plitvice Lakes Area Bike Ride
Explore the pastoral countryside by bike. Cycle on almost traffic-free roads through forests and across hills and green fields. There will be time for a picnic lunch and to relax outdoors. In the afternoon, cycle back to Korana in time to enjoy a traditional Croatian evening meal.
B, D (picnic lunch on your own)
4-hour bike ride across rolling hills. Please note that the route may be too difficult for small children. A support van can pick them up and take them back to the village if they are tired.
Day 4: Upper Mreznica Canyon Kayak
Transfer in the morning to the river in the upper Mreznica Canyon. After the 45-minute transfer, travel through a gorge so narrow and deep that the sun only enters at noon for a few hours each day, creating spectacular light effects. Paddle past cliffs of carved white rocks, lush vegetation and cascading waterfalls. Arrive at a strong, freshwater spring. Then continue to the second highest waterfall of Mreznica. It's a magical place to swim and pause for a picnic lunch. Continue your kayak adventure after the break. Then transfer back to your hotel in the late afternoon.
≤em>B, D (picnic lunch on your own)
4-5 hour class II-III kayak. Please note that if the water levels are very low the trip can only be taken downstream. In the event this occurs, the duration of the kayak will be 2-3 hours. In the event of high water levels, raft boats will be used instead and the duration of the raft will be 2 hours.
Day 5: Optional Trip Day
Today you can be as active or as lazy as you wish. Choose from several organized and guided tours. You can hike, sightsee or visit a beach. If you prefer something more active, take part in a climbing or canyoning activity. Please note that the optional trip will incur an additional charge of approximately €50 per person, payable on site. The trips are weather dependent and the price is based on a minimum of 4 participants.
B, D (lunch on your own)
Van transfers of a maximum 2 hours each way..
Day 6: National Park North Velebit Area Hike
Travel south and spend the day hiking through the dense forests of old pine, fir and beech trees in the Velebit Nature and National Parks area. Hike in pristine, unspoiled nature to feel healthy and refreshed. There will probably be some time to swim in the warm Adriatic before the return transfer to Korana for dinner. Please note that there are several hiking itineraries to choose from and the guides will select the one best adapted to the group's abilities.
B, D (lunch on your own)
5-hour moderate hike; van transfers of 1.5 hours each way.
Day 7: Una River Raft
You are back on the water this morning as you head to the upper Mreznica Canyon for a river raft adventure. Start by traveling upstream through a deep and narrow gorge. Bypass cliffs of carved white rocks. Marvel at the lush vegetation and cascading waterfalls. Arrive at a freshwater spring. Continue to the second highest waterfall in Mreznica and take a break at this magical site. Then raft back downstream to the transfer vehicles. Tonight, you will drive to Rastoke village for a farewell dinner in a beautiful riverside setting.
B, D (picnic lunch on your own)
4-hour moderate raft; van transfers of 2 hours each way.
Day 8: Departure
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight. You are welcome to schedule your homeward transport for any time. If you decide to spend more time in Croatia, the guides will be happy to recommend other beautiful places to visit - especially those you won’t find in the guide books!
2-hour van transfer
- 7 nights accommodation in a double/twin room
- Meals as per the itinerary (7 x B = breakfast; 1 x L = lunch; 6 x D = dinner)
- Use of bicycles, kayaks, canoes, paddles, life jackets and helmets
- 5 days of organized activities
- Neoprene shorts and booties or sandals in case of cold weather
- National park entrance fees
- Saturday transfers from Zagreb, Zadar or Rijeka Airport, bus or train station
- Guide and assistance
- Ground transportation (private transport throughout)
- Local taxes
What's Not Included
- International airfare to/from Croatia
- Beverages and lunches or picnics not included in the itinerary (please note that dinner on the third night is on your own)
- Items of a personal nature and optional gratuities to your guide(s)
- Optional trip on day 5 (can be booked and paid for on the spot)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This tour is designed for flexible, energetic people who like to be active and have a spirit of adventure and a positive attitude. The daily program combines kayaking, walking, swimming, sightseeing and exploring. You can expect to paddle about 10 miles a day (4 hours), but the schedule is weather dependent. Previous kayaking experience is recommended, but not required
• The summers in Croatia are typically warm and sunny. From May to October temperatures are comfortable for hiking, paddling, and swimming. Rain is always a possibility, so it is essential to bring adequate rain wear and a jacket in case of inclement weather
• The itinerary is subject to change due to group abilities and preferences, weather, water levels, special events of interest, etc.
• Tours operate with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 16 participants. Larger groups are possible on request. If less than 4 people have signed up and you still want to do the trip rather than cancel, there will be an extra 20% charge