Discover the beauty of Croatia's oldest and most visited national park, listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. On a small-group guided tour, you’ll experience nature at its finest and enjoy breathtaking views of lakes and waterfalls in Plitvice Park.
What to Expect
You’ll leave Zagreb at 09:00 on this 9-hour tour and head to the Lika region. The first stop on the itinerary is the picturesque watermill village of Rastoke, located at the confluence of the Slunjčica and Korana rivers. Take a stroll through the town to admire the unique rural architecture.
The tour continue on to Plitvice Lakes National Park. This is Croatia’s oldest and most visited national park, listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1979.
For centuries, water has formed waterfalls and created 16 crystal-clear lakes in this area. Enjoy the outstanding natural beauty of the forest landscape and the lakes that are connected by a series of waterfalls.
Board an electric boat to cross Lake Kozjak and learn more about karst formations and the abundant animal life in the park. Become one with nature, enjoy the clean fresh air and marvel at the breathtaking views that surround you.
The guide will be with you and your small group throughout the day, and will share some interesting stories about the areas you visit and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You’ll return to Zagreb at approximately 18:00.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle (car, minivan or bus)
- Rastoke village visit
- English-speaking tour guide
- Plitvice Lakes National Park admission fee (boat and train ride inside the park included)
Know Before You Go
• A moderate amount of walking is involved with some steep parts
• Not recommended for children younger than 3 years
• Not recommended for travelers with health issues
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking difficulties
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Exact pick-up times will depend on the location of your hotel (you will be advised 24 hours before departure)