Enjoy a full-day hiking expedition through Velika Paklenica Canyon, an ideal destination for all those who prefer active holidays and relaxation in natural surroundings where you can experience the charm of the wilderness.
What to Expect
This trekking adventure of Paklenica is perfect for those who want to experience the unique pass through the famous canyon. Hiking is the only way to get to know Paklenica. The park area contains hundreds of trails and paths, from those intended for tourists to those intended for mountaineers, leading to the highest peaks of Velebit. The trails in the park are marked with boards and mountaineering signs. The hiking trail covers fairly easy terrain with outstanding scenery and natural splendor. A rocky trail leads to the entrance of the park, through the gorge to a mountain lodge.
Put on your hiking boots and discover this unique canyon entrance to the hill. Begin with a hotel pick-up from Zagreb at 08:00 and then a 3-hour drive by minivan with a private English-speaking driver. The starting point of the hiking activity is at Starigrad, a 2.5 to 3-hour walk up to Aniića Kuk and then down to Ramića Dvori and round back (walking distance is about 7.5 kilometers up and 6 kilometers downhill) with an optional 30 minute visit of Manita Peć cave.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan to National Park Paklenica
- Private guide
- National Park ticket
Know Before You Go
• Wear good walking shoes
• Please note: This tour is subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Children must be accompanied by an adult (minimum age is 8-years-old)
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Health questionnaire prior the departure
• Maximum of 8 persons per booking
• Duration of the tour: 12-hours (approximately)
• Small group ensures personal service