Watch the dramatic Lights and Sound show at the Mayan ruins of Uxmal and see a land of ancient kings and queens come to life. Hear myths and legends unfold against the fantastic backdrop of Uxmal’s pyramid temples and mountains.
What to Expect
Immerse yourself in the magical illuminations and legends of the Mayans at Uxmal as you enjoy the beautiful sights and sounds of the famous Uxmal Lights and Sound show.
The tour starts with a pick-up from all major hotels in Merida, departing at 13:30. Drive southwest of Merida along the Campeche road. Boasting some of the most majestic Mayan ruins in Yucatan, Uxmal was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996, and is otherwise known as “Three Times Built.”
Poetic by name and nature, the mysterious complex is situated within a series of hills know as the Puuc, meaning “mountainous area” in Mayan. The name was later given to describe the architectural style of the monuments themselves, including the colossal Magician’s Pyramid, impressive Governor’s Palace, intricate Dove´s Temple, and grand Nunnery Quadrangle.
After touring the sights, relax at the pool and gardens of the Hacienda Uxmal Hotel. Sit down to a delicious dinner at either the Hacienda Uxmal or in the gardens of the Lodge of Uxmal, surrounded by unique Maya palapas. Then, return to the Nunnery Quadrangle and watch Mayan history explained during the Lights and Sound show of spectacular illuminations, projected across the ancient Mayan monuments.
- Round-trip transportation from major hotels in Merida
- English-speaking tour guide
What's Not Included
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site
- Optional translation device
- Optional gratuities
Know Before You Go
• Tour itinerary subject to change without notice
• Cancellations within 48-hours of your tour and no shows will not be refunded. You may reschedule your tour within 48-hours at an additional cost of $15 per person payable directly to the local supplier. Rescheduled tours are subject to availability.