Feel the luxury and comfort of a unique private guided tour to Uxmal's Archaeological Site especially designed for you. Begin this activity at the time of your choice and enjoy a round trip private transportation service aboard a Mercedes Benz vehicle.
What to Expect
You will be picked up from your hotel in Merida at the time of your preference aboard a luxury Mercedes Benz vehicle. Go directly from your hotel to Uxmal’s Archaeological Site, known by many as place of legend and myth. It is situated within a series of hills known as the Puuc or “mountainous area” in the Mayan language.
In this amazing archaeological site a private bilingual guide will take you to explore colossal constructions like the Magicians Pyramid, the Governors Palace, the Dove’s Temple and the Nuns Quadrangle. The archaeological structures and buildings located throughout Uxmal are ornamented with geometrical figures and masks of the rain god, Chaac. The rain god was considered by the Maya people as one of the most important of their deities.
After your visit you will have the opportunity to enjoy a delicious lunch at the restaurants of either the beautiful Hacienda Uxmal or in the gardens of the Lodge at Uxmal surrounded by unique Maya Palapas (at your own expense). Visit the Choco Story Museum to learn about the history of cocoa, its importance to the Mayas, the way it is cultivated and the traditional process to make chocolate.
You will return to your hotel in Merida at your time of preference aboard a private Mercedes Benz vehicle.
- Private round trip transportation aboard a Mercedes Benz vehicle
- Certified private bilingual guide
- Free use of all facilities of the hotels Hacienda Uxmal and The Lodge at Uxmal: swimming pools, lounge chairs, restaurants, etc.
What's Not Included
- Entrance fee to Uxmal Archaeological Site and Choco Story Museum
- Meals and drinks
- Gratuities and optional activities
Know Before You Go
• This service is for up to 6 passengers
• Bring comfortable clothing and walking shoes, a hat, sunglasses, mosquito repellent, sunscreen, a camera and cash for expenses like admission to the archaeological site, meals, drinks, etc.
• Admission fee to Uxmal is $207 MXN