A 90-minute walking tour from the dawn of Christianity to the birth of the Kit Kat. Find out why York is still a city with Viking mud on its boots and a taste of cocoa in the air.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
- Explore the labyrinth of medieval streets and snickelways
- Discover a Roman fortress and ruined abbey within a Victorian botanic garden
- Wander through the Shambles - the original Diagon Alley
- Find out how the Minster grew to become the country's largest gothic cathedral
- Locate the point where it is possible to see two thousand years of history - while turning on the spot
- Professional, experienced and fully-qualified tour guide
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Meet by the fountains outside York Art Gallery, Exhibition Square, York YO1 7EW.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Comfortable shoes are recommended as you will be on your feet though York is forgivingly flat.
- Suitable for all ages - family groups especially welcome.