This tour will take you off the beaten track to fascinating places you won’t see on a typical bus or walking tour. Traveling on cycle paths and designated lanes at a leisurely pace, you'll discover factual and good-humored facts about the history of York
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Starting time 10:30 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Learn about the history with a good humoured look at the fascinating and often grisly past of York
- Cycle along river paths, parks and quiet back streets of the city with frequent stops
- Cycle to places that walking and bus tours don't take you at speeds of 1,000 years an hour
- Guided 2 to 2.5 hours bike tour
- Bike (with bell and mudguards)
- Children under 12 years
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
(Rear of) The Gillygate Pub, 48 Gillygate, York YO31 7EQ. There is a pathway to the right of the pub that leads to the patio area. Your guide and bike(s) will be waiting for you back there.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Know before you go
- Am I required to wear a helmet? No, but for safety’s sake, we strongly recommend it. A range of adjustable helmets available, or feel free to bring your own.
- Is the tour suitable for children? The minimum age for riders is 12 years, and 12 to 16-year-olds must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Sorry, no exceptions. It is also recommended that ‘soon-to-be-mums' avoid the tour as a precautionary measure.
- What time should I turn up for the tour? Please arrive at least 15 to 20 minutes before your tour’s scheduled departure time. This will give you time to get acquainted with your bike and to finalize payment if you haven’t already done so online. If you are unavoidably delayed, please call to and the tour will do its best to wait, though, in fairness to other riders, we can’t guarantee it.
- What do I need to bring? Comfortable riding clothes to match the weather, closed shoes are recommended.