Located an hour from Melbourne and known internationally as a quality producer of chardonnay, pinot noir and sparkling wines is the beautiful Yarra Valley. The small group tour visits 5 contrasting vineyards with lunch at Yering Station.
What to Expect
Travel to the north-east through the bush laden suburbs of Templestowe, Warrandyte and Wonga Park to the Coldstream Hills Winery at Coldstream. Established by James Halliday, one of Australia’s leading authors and commentators on wine, the wines are beautifully crafted and have enjoyed success at numerous wine shows, especially the chardonnay and pinot noir.
It’s then a short drive to the charming Medhurst Vineyard. Established in 1999, the family owned vineyard of 35 acres has a delightful elevation in the foothills of the Warramate Ranges and produces a small selection of elegant table wines. Visit the very famous and very French Domaine Chandon. Enjoy a tour of the production facilities before settling down to a glass of premium sparkling wine (methode champenoise) while taking in the glorious vista.
It's then on Yering Station for lunch in their stunning Wine Bar Restaurant. With its world class views and cuisine, you’ll have a full a la carte selection from which to select your main course meal and glass of wine. After lunch, visit the original winery (circa 1859) that features local artworks and produce as well as estate wines to taste. The final stop for the day is the De Bortoli Winery at Dixons Creek. As Italian as Domaine Chandon is French, it’s a great end to the day with superbly flavored cheeses that compliment the sparkling, table and dessert wines. The journey home takes you through Steels Creek and Christmas Hills for superb Valley views and the occasional kangaroo.
- City hotel pick up
- Wine tastings
- Morning nibbles
- Main course a la carte lunch
- Glass of wine and coffee at Yering Station Vineyard
- Cheese platter at De Bortoli Vineyard
- Bottled water
What's Not Included
- Purchases of a personal nature
Know Before You Go
• Confirmed bookings cancelled within 24 hours of date of tour – 100% cancellation fee.
• Confirmed bookings cancelled within 72 hours of date of tour – 50% cancellation fee.
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
• Reconfirmation of pick up time and driver details will be advised via email or mobile the evening prior.
• Dress code is smart casual. No singlets or thongs.
• Minimum drinking age is 18 years.