Learn to cook traditional Chinese food at a 2.5-hour cooking class in Xi’an. Visit a local market and then discover how to prepare dumplings and other typical dishes in a fun, friendly atmosphere led by a local family.
What to Expect
Discover top tips for cooking traditional Chinese food on this interactive 2.5-hour cooking class in Xi’an. Learn how to cook authentic dishes using techniques that you can use back home.
First, visit a morning market with a local family, and get to know the various vegetables. See if you up to the challenge of trying to buy cooking materials from the vendors!
Then, you will prepare your traditional Chinese dishes, depending on the seasonal vegetables and your requirements. Meat eaters will be taught to cook dishes like Yangzhou fried rice with barbecue pork, or Beijing shredded pork with sweet bean sauce.
Most importantly, you will learn how to make dumplings - an easy, traditional Chinese dish that even the kids can try. If vegetables are more your style, discover how to make home-style tofu. Pair your delicious meal with 2 glasses of local beer and say, "Ganbei!” (bottles up!) with your hosts as you enjoy a family lunch, Xi’an style.
- Visit to the morning market
- Family cooking class
- All equipment and ingredients
- 2 glasses of local beer
- Fees for public transport (bus/metro) as necessary
- Local English-speaking guide
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be sent at time of booking
• Class involves meat dishes unless otherwise specified. Please advise choice of dish at the time of booking
• Please advise of any allergies
• Children are welcome to make dumplings and share finished dishes, but are not recommended to help cook more complex dishes