Enjoy a scenic tour of one of England’s most picturesque regions on a full-day tour of the Lake District. Visit mysterious Castlerigg Stone Circle, and see Lakeland villages. Cruise on one of the Lake District’s best bodies of water past mountain peaks.
What to Expect
The Lake District is renowned for being the most beautiful corner of England, and this full-day tour introduces you to just that; a magnificent scenery of mountains, valleys, and lakes from the south to the north. The tour includes a lake cruise, a visit to the 4,000-year-old Castlerigg Stone Circle, set high on the fells, and time in Keswick for lunch.
You will travel over passes, through beautiful valleys, see waterfalls, and traditional Lakeland villages. There will be plenty of stops for admiring the views and taking photographs. It provides a great introduction to the Lake District, and a taster for exploring further.
Along the way, you will pass some of the region’s most spectacular sights, such as Borrowdale Valley, Newlands Valley, Thirlmere, and Grasmere. A highlight is the Castlerigg Stone Circle, one of the most famous and most visited stone circles in the country. However, it is just not because it is an ancient religious site. From within the circle, you will get picture-perfect views of some of the Lake District’s highest peaks.
Stop at Keswick, and try a typical pub lunch, or seek out a charming restaurant. You will also get the chance to stretch your legs at the magnificent lake of Derwentwater, where you can enjoy a cruise on the lake and see the Lake District from another perspective.
- Scenic minicoach tour with experienced driver/guide
- Entrance fee for Lake cruise
Know Before You Go
• We regret tours are not suitable for children under the age of 5.
• Please specify pick-up point when booking, otherwise Windermere Tourist Information centre will be used as a pick-up point.
• Routes are subject to change without notice and the vendor reserves the right to alter tours in the event of severe inclement weather, traffic congestion, or for operational reasons.