This Tugboat and Reef Snorkel Tour goes off the beaten track to scenic and extraordinary sites that you may not easily find on your way.
What to Expect
You will start the tour with snorkeling at an impressive drop-off with beautiful coral formations where you can lie still in calm waters or let yourself fully wash in gentle warm waves. You will then continue to the shipwreck called Tugboat. The 30ft, still-complete wreck sits upright in 17ft of water. After three decades beneath the waves, the skeletal hull now is encrusted with corals. Accustomed to being fed you will find many tropical fish all amenable to being photographed. Due to shallow water and the easy conditions, the Tugboat is among the top 10 snorkeling and diving sites on the island!
After drying off and rehydrating with water and lemonade you will head towards an historic site, Fort Beekenburg, built to protect Caracasbaai from pirates and enemy nations. The trail offers a good view of Barbara Beach across the expansive harbor of Spanish water.
- Pick-up and drop-off service from most hotels in Willemstad and from the East side of the island, as well as from cruise ship terminals
- Professional guide and driver
- Transportation by open 4WD Toyota Landcruisers or by minivan
- Snorkeling equipment including mask, snorkel, fins and floating device/life vest
- Water and lemonade
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• It is recommended to wear your swimwear already underneath your clothes since there are no changing facilities at the first stop.
• Please remember to bring towels and sun protection. A hat or cap is recommended.
• Snorkeling experience is not required but participants should be able to swim.
• Please note that this tour is not suitable for guests with joint or back problems, pregnant women, or small children. Advised minimum age of 6 years.
• Please leave all valuables such as credit cards, passports and expensive cameras in your room as you will be leaving the open vehicle unattended when you visit the often desolate and remote sites.
• This tour requires a minimum of 4 passengers to operate