This tour visits the North West coast of Curacao where the wind forces the sea with such a force on the coast that you will find water spectacles such as the natural jacuzzi and Shete Boca National Park.
What to Expect
After pickup from your accommodation and a safety briefing, your adventure starts off at the wide-open desert planes where your guide will tell you about the volcanic and coral geological origins of the island with three distinct terraces running for miles along the north coastline of Curacao.
Then you visit the natural jacuzzi where the sea-water and foam are sprayed through a chute into the air displaying colorful fountains and rainbows. One can stand in the shallow warm water surrounding the Supladó and watch the spectacular show from close by.
You then head towards the Shete Boka National Park where you visit the cave Boka Tabla half immersed in water with a narrow opening towards the sea, allowing powerful breaking waves to rush into the cave with a pounding and roaring resonance. This beautiful sight set in its natural theater is an unforgettable memory of Curacao. You then visit Boka Pistol, an inlet where the waves smash against the coral rock wall and explode into a furious fountain that sounds like a gun shot, hence the name. One can photograph the spectacle from a lookout point or stand facing the water with the risk of getting very wet. The tour ends and you will be returned to your accommodation, cruise terminal or location of choice.
- Pick-up and drop-off service from most hotels in Willemstad and from the East side of the island, as well as from cruise ship terminals
- Drive in open 4WD Toyota Landcruiser
- Professional guide and driver
- Water and lemonade
- Local snack
- Entrance fees
Know Before You Go
• This is a half-day jeep tour, from 09:00-13:00, with pick-up as early as 08:00 depending on your accommodation location.
• It is recommended to wear sneakers/closed shoes or hiking shoes with a firm hold since grounds are uneven and the coral cliffs can be sharp. No flip-flops.
• Please remember to bring your swimwear and towels, as well as sun protection. A hat or cap is recommended.
• Please note that this tour is not suitable for guests with joint or back problems, pregnant women, or small children. Advised minimum age is 6 years.
• Please leave all valuables such as credit cards, passports and expensive cameras in your room as you will be leaving the open vehicle unattended when you visit the often desolate and remote sites.
• You may get dirty.
• This tour requires a minimum of 4 passengers to operate