Enjoy the thrill of having a coffee with a New Zealand fur seal as you travel from Wellington to Tongue Point to see these beautiful creatures in their native environment.
What to Expect
See the real New Zealand during this 3-hour Seal Coast Safari in Wellington.
Travel through New Zealand’s stunning wilderness as you make the exciting trek from Wellington to Tongue Point, famous for its colony of native fur seals.
To get to Tongue Point, you’ll travel through private land, not accessible to the public, in high-powered off-road vehicles. Along the way you’ll see animals including ostriches, deer and wild goats, marvel at the snow-capped mountains in New Zealand’s south, and take in stunning views of Wellington.
Once at Tongue Point, you’ll see the beautiful seals in their natural environment – regardless of the season or weather. You can relax, enjoy tea, coffee and a muffin, and listen to the waves crash against the rocks. You can also check out the famous leaning lighthouse and hear stories from the locals who know the region best.
The return journey includes a trip around the nearby bays and the spectacular Red Rocks, all part of the tour’s exclusive access to the best scenery in Wellington.
- Tea and coffee
- Gourmet muffin
- Pick-ups from central city accommodation (morning safari only)
What's Not Included
- Hotel pickup (afternoon safari)
Know Before You Go
• No walking is required
• Safari runs in all weather
• This tour is not available to cruise passengers, who must book via their cruise ship’s excursions desk
• Weather and other conditions may lead to route changes. Confirmed bookings can be transferred to another day at no charge when the supplier is notified with at least 24 hours notice. Cancellation of confirmed bookings 14 days or more prior to departure will be refunded 100%. Cancellations made 7-13 days prior to departure will be refunded 50%. Cancellations less than 7 days prior will receive no refund.