Washington DC.. Private Walking Tour of the National MallProduct ID: 14401
From £299 Per group up to 6Book now
- Take a private small group tour of the National Mall with an expert historian and an emphasis on the meaning of what you see
- Discuss the events and symbolism associated with the Mall
- Learn how the capital was designed and built as a city symbolic of the ideals of America's founding fathers
Starting at the Capitol, your guide and group of up to 6 people review how Washington was conceived and built as a city symbolic of America and the ideals of its founding fathers.
With this in mind, we walk the length of the Mall, noting the many symbolic reminders of U.S. history and national identity. The exact itinerary depends on the guide and interests of the group, but stops may include the Hirshhorn Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Castle, Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials, and Washington Monument.
We will discuss how these have become backdrops for and symbols of American struggles and idealism. Our 3-hour walk and discussion will end at the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial.
- Historian or architectural historian as your guide
We meet at the Botanic Gardens, just to the left of the information desk in the main vestibule. The Gardens are located at 100 Maryland Avenue SW. (Open in Google Maps)
• Walks are held rain or shine, with some variations to accommodate the weather
• If you will be late for the tour start, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide
• Walks can be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to the walk with an 85% refund; otherwise all reservations are final and cannot be refunded for any reason, including no-shows
• Cancellations within two business days need to be made directly by calling our local office or the emergency number provided; cancellations made via email or by calling our U.S. 800 number may not be honored
Product ID: 14401