Mount Vernon Full-Day Bike and Boat Tour
From £38 per personBook now
- Explore the grounds and house of America's 1st president
- Bike along the wooded Mount Vernon Trail
- Return to Alexandria on board a pleasure boat of the Potomac River
- Wander the gardens and farms of Washington's former plantation
- Go inside George Washington's study, once reserved for a privileged few
Meet in the Old Town of Alexandria to pick-up your bike and helmet. Then, cycle along the wooded Mount Vernon Trail to George Washington’s historic Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens.
Lock your bike outside the estate for tour staff to pick up. Then, spend the day self-exploring the grounds and mansion house. The mansion’s interior has mostly been restored to the appearance at the time of George and Martha Washington's occupancy. Enter Washington’s study and feel a part of history!
Take time for lunch, and enjoy a leisurely stroll in the gardens and farm. Then, bike back to Alexandria, or opt to return by boat. Climb aboard the Miss Christin for the 16:00 departure from Mount Vernon’s dock. Relax on the narrated cruise as you glide back to Alexandria's Old Town.
- Bike rental
- Helmet and lock
- Bottled water
- Entrance to Mount Vernon
- Boat ticket (if option chosen)
- Food and drink
The tour begins and ends at the Bike and Roll Alexandria office in the Old Town of Alexandria, One Wales Alley, VA 22314 (corner of Wales Alley and The Strand). It's convenient for the King Street Trolley Stop at North Union Street, and a couple hundred yards south of the Water Taxi
• For the bike and boat option, please note that the boat departs Mount Vernon at 16:00, returning to Alexandria at 17:30
Product ID: 50176