Housed in the historical Old Patent Office Building, art and history mingle together at two of DC’s most important galleries. This 2.5-hour tour explores the National Portrait Gallery & the American Art Museum where you’ll witness the nation’s history.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 - 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Private group
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Please bring valid photo ID
- Semi-private tours require a minimum of 2 participants to run. In the event this is not reached, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- Please advise when booking if you require a wheelchair accessible tour
- Only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management: when this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1 hour from the tour starting time. In these cases the supplier is unable to provide refunds or discounts
- Some specific rooms inside the museum are subject to rules requiring quiet or restricted right to speak inside. In these cases your guide will provide the information about the rooms contents before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.