Head on an incredible adventure in an original Polish socialistic car, the Nysa 522, on a 4-hour tour of Warsaw. You will travel through time from the pre-war district of Praga to the socialistic center of Warsaw, learning how socialism affected the area.
What to Expect
Let yourself be taken on an adventure through history on a 4-hour tour of Warsaw. Ride in an original Polish socialistic car, the Nysa 522, as you travel all across the city, learning various historical facts and seeing the most important sites that socialism brought. Experience the bygone era of socialism through the typical blocks of flats, monumental palaces, squares, sculptures. and much more.
You will see the different faces of Warsaw: from the yards of XIX-century tenement houses to Constitution Square, the Palace of Culture and Science, Próżna street, Muranów District, and pre-war Praga on the other side of the river. As you travel along, your tour guide will entertain you with facts and anecdotes about life in Warsaw.
After the first part of this tour, before exploring Praga, you will stop for a traditional aperitif in an original house from the socialist époque. Meanwhile you will get a lesson on socialist propaganda in the form of news.
In Praga, you will see unconventional sites: from a bazaar, where you could buy almost anything, through gates, where time has stopped before World War II, to the forgotten Jewish cemetery, to the old Vodka factory, and finally to a Famous Praga band which will play a song or more, just for you!
After a tour full of surprises, you will be able to relax in a real socialistic bar while devouring a typical Polish lunch.
- Hotel pick-up/ drop off
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation in an old vintage van
- Music and movies from the socialist époque
- Aperitif in the Communist museum
- Lunch in a former Communist working class bar
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
What to Remember
• This tour has a 3 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancelation if this minimum is not met.
• Duration times vary. We suggest starting your trip at 10:00 but we are flexible.
• The maximum capacity of the car is 8 persons with the driver. For larger groups, another van or bigger vehicle can be used.