Experience the beauty of nature in western Mazovia on a full-day tour from Warsaw. You’ll see folk art at the museum in Lowicz and country houses at the open-air museum. Visit the Baroque palace in Nieborow and the English-style palace garden of Arkadia.
What to Expect
Your full-day folk art tour begins with a pick-up at your Warsaw hotel. You’ll head out to western Mazovia on a visit to museums, churches, country houses, palaces, and gardens.
In western Mazovia you’ll stop at the Lowicz museum to see folk art, and outside of Lowicz you’ll visit an open-air site that features complete country houses. See typical costumes, paper cuttings, embroidery, and other folk art in the museum, and an old Lowicz village consisting of around 40 cottages dating from the 19th century, at the open-air site.
Afterwards you’ll continue on to Nieborow village, where you’ll visit the magnificent Baroque residence of the Radziwill family, and also stop at Arkadia, the palace’s romantic park. Arkadia is more precisely an English garden-park that was established in 1779.
At the end of the tour, you’ll be transferred back to your hotel in Warsaw.
- Tour guide
- Transportation during the tour
What's Not Included
- Entrance fee to Lowicz museum, open-air museum, and exhibition (EUR 4.50; closed on Mondays)
- Entrance fee to Arkadia Park (EUR 3)
- Entrance fee to Park and Palace in Nieborow (EUR 5.50; closed on Mondays)
Know Before You Go
• The Nieborow Palace Museum is closed until February 2016.
• The meeting point for the tour is your hotel in Warsaw.
• Please indicate your preferred language for the tour when booking.