3-Hour Guided Bike Tour of Communist WarsawProduct ID: 47204
From £17 per personBook now
- Learn about life under communism in Warsaw
- See the monumental socialist-realist Palace of Culture and Science
- Discover how the masses were supposed to live in the Marszałkowska Housing District
- Relax in the inner city gardens provided for the working class
- Hear humorous, absurd and horrific stories of the People's Republic
It's been 25 years since Poland broke away from the Communist Block and turned to democracy, but a quarter century is not enough for people to forget the stories, or for the material traces to disappear.
During the tour, you will learn the horrors of life under communism, but also hear stories full of humor. Marvel at the monumental architecture, such as the Palace of Culture, Communist Party HQ, and Soviet Soldiers Cemetery.
See how the working masses lived in the Marszałkowska Housing District, and where thousands of Red Army soldiers were buried. Take a relaxing break in the “allotments,” the semi-private city gardens for the working class.
- Bike rental
The starting point for the tour is ul. Długa 44/50, in front of the main entrance to the building. Please note that there are two buildings with the same number and ours is the one in the corner. 'Ratusz Arsenał' metro station is only 100m away. (Open in Google Maps)
• The participant must confirm that s/he can ride a bicycle
• Drinking alcohol just before or during the tour is forbidden
• If the guide responsible for the tour considers the participant to be unfit to cycle, s/he may refused participation in the tour
• Refusal for safety reasons is not grounds for a refund
• The participant must confirm that s/he knows Polish law of the road regarding bicycles
Product ID: 47204