Experience a guided wine tasting and cellar tour in the deepest and oldest cellar in Vienna's city center. Every Friday and Saturday, dive into the secrets of the Viennese wine cellars and the philosophy of wine drinking.
What to Expect
Plunge into the secrets of the Viennese wine cellars, their interesting, multicultural history, as well as the philosophy of wine drinking. Taste exquisite wines and learn about the history and origins of each variety. Discover why Vienna is one of the only wine-growing capitals in the world and find out what makes the Viennese water so special.
Then explore some of the city's ancient wine cellars hidden deep underground.
You will be greeted on the second floor of the Villon Weinbar with a refreshing, sparkling sip from the first tasting sample. Then you move on to the third floor, where the history of the wine city of Vienna awaits you, before heading to the 16-meter-deep vault on the fourth floor, where you continue your tastings with interesting commentary, trying out 6 varieties of Austrian wines accompanied by bread and Viennese spring water.
Afterwards, you can enjoy additional drinks and culinary indulgences at the wine bar.
- Guided wine tasting in German
- Cellar tour
- Viennese water
Habsburgergasse 4, Wien 1010
Know Before You Go
• Please wear warm clothing: the tour lasts 1.5 - 2 hours and takes place in a cellar that is 17 degrees Celsius.
• This tour is held only in German
• The cellar is not equipped to accommodate handicapped persons
• No dogs or other pets are allowed in the wine cellar
• The tour will be held for one to a maximum of 20 participants
• The tour takes place every Friday and Saturday, specially for our guests visiting Vienna