Wachau Valley Wine Tasting Bike Tour from Vienna
From £57 per personBook now
- Taste the wines of the Wachau Valley
- Cycle on both sides of the River Danube, including the stunning "Apricot Mile"
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Dürnstein
- See the ruins of the castle where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned
- Stop at local wineries to taste a variety of regional wines
Hop on your bike and breathe in the fresh country air as you enjoy the scenery of the Wachau Valley. Ride through historic villages, and stop at local wineries to taste a variety of regional wines. Enjoy some free time to explore the medieval town and UNESCO World Heritage Site of Dürnstein. Discover the ruins of Kuenringer Castle, where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned in 1192.
Stop for lunch at a traditional restaurant, and sample some of the regional cuisine (own expense). Alternatively bring your own lunch if you prefer for a picnic in a scenic location.
- Bike tour
- Round-trip transfers from Vienna
- Wine tasting at all wineries visited
- Bike rental, including helmet and rain poncho
- Tour guide for the full day
- Lunch at a local winery
- Gratuities for the guide (appreciated)
Meet in front of the Ströck Bakery in the main foyer of the Spittelau Train Station, Vienna. Your guide will be holding a "Grape Grazing Tour" sign. Directions to Spittelau Station: Take underground lines U4 or U6, or travel by taxi to Heiligenstädter Strasse 20, 1190 Wien. From the street, take the escalators up to the main hall of the station. If you get lost or are running late, please call +43 1 729 72 34 for directions
• Dress casually and wear comfortable shoes. Be sure to bring your camera (and don’t forget to charge your battery)
• Remember to bring money for lunch and souvenirs
Product ID: 61710