Taste the wines and regional produce of the Wachau Valley on a 9-hour bike tour from Vienna. Cycle along the scenic trails of the Danube River, and visit local wineries to sample the produce and learn more about the historic wine making process.
What to Expect
Discover one of the most beautiful sections of the Danube River on a fun, full-day bike and wine tasting tour of Austria’s Wachau Valley. Known for its quality wines, stunning villages, and picturesque landscapes, the Wachau Valley is the perfect place for a relaxed day away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Hop on your bike and breathe in the fresh country air as you enjoy the scenery of the Wachau Valley. Ride through historic villages, and stop at local wineries to taste a variety of regional wines. Enjoy some free time to explore the medieval town and UNESCO World Heritage Site of Dürnstein. Discover the ruins of Kuenringer Castle, where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned in 1192.
Stop for lunch at a traditional restaurant, and sample some of the regional cuisine (own expense). Alternatively bring your own lunch if you prefer for a picnic in a scenic location.
- Bike tour
- Round-trip transfers from Vienna
- Wine tasting at all wineries visited
- Bike rental, including helmet and rain poncho
- Tour guide for the full day
What's Not Included
- Lunch at a local winery
- Gratuities for the guide (appreciated)
Know Before You Go
• The bike tour is approximately 35 kilometers, cycling at a very leisurely pace. The tour is suitable for all ages, and you’ll be mainly riding on flat terrain with a few gentle inclines up to small villages. There are frequent stops throughout the tour, with the longest non-stop biking section being 20 minutes
• Dress casually and wear comfortable shoes. Be sure to bring your camera (and don’t forget to charge your battery)
• Remember to bring money for lunch and souvenirs