Salzburg: Small-Group Day Trip from Vienna
From £175 per personBook now
- Discover the beautiful lake region of Austria and locations from "The Sound of Music"
- Visit the charming alpine village of St. Gilgen at Lake Wolfgangsee
- See Salzburg's top attractions, including the birthplace of Mozart
- Go to Mirabell Palace, where the Do-Re-Mi song was filmed
- Discover where the Von Trapp family lived
- Travel in a deluxe van with WiFi and iPads on board
Traveling in small groups of no more than 8 people, the intimate tour will take you through the breathtaking scenery of the Vienna Woods, with the peaks of the Alps in the distance, and on to the stunning Austrian lake district.
Stop by picture postcard Lake Attersee and the charming alpine village of St. Gilgen at lake Wolfgangsee, a famous location in the hit movie "The Sound of Music." See the house where Mozart's mother was born, the baroque chapel where his grandparents married, and picturesque Mozart Square in the center of St. Gilgen.
Upon arrival in Salzburg, discover Salzburg's Old Town with your guide on a leisurely walking tour. Hear intriguing stories about the city's famous inhabitants as you pass Mozart's birthplace, the colorful gardens of Mirabell Palace, the cemetery of the Abbey of St. Peter, Salzburg Cathedral, and the Archbishop’s Palace.
After the walking tour treat yourself to a delicious lunch, or enjoy a quick bite at a sausage stand if your prefer. Spend the remainder of the afternoon in the Old Town to shop before you drive back to Vienna.
- English-language tour
- Tour of the lake region - Lake Attersee, St. Gilgen etc.
- Comprehensive walking tour of Salzburg
- Transportation in custom-built deluxe van, with free still water on board
- iPads and wireless internet on board for every passenger
- Taxi transfer to tour meeting point - up to 12 EUR per person
- Hotel drop off at central Vienna hotels in postcodes 1010 - 1090
- Optional entrance fees
Vienna Tourist Information Office Albertinaplatz 1010 Vienna The tour operator will reimburse taxi rides worth up to 12 EUR. If you take a taxi to the meeting point from your hotel, show your receipt for a reimbursement. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 35861