Think Bordeaux in France or Tuscany in Italy - the Yarra Valley is a world-class wine region, closer to home than you think. The Yarra Valley is easy to get to and you get to enjoy simply stunning vineyard views.
What to Expect
Experience the thrill of ascending over a changing landscape at sunrise, suspended in a basket, floating
under a spectacular hot air balloon. The cold air hits your cheeks, clouds floating past, the hot flames above
warm you up under the morning sky… as you take flight… up, up and float away.
Join a spectacular hot air balloon experience with a bird's eye view of the picturesque Yarra Valley (located an hour’s drive from Melbourne) – Victoria’s renowned wine region. Operating 364 days of the year (weather permitting) this once-in-a-lifetime tour experience provides an entirely different perspective of the Yarra Valley, beyond the typical tourist itinerary.
Take off on a beautiful hot air balloon flight over the Yarra Valley at sunrise. The Yarra Valley is home to 90 vineyards and 35 wineries, many of which hold a reputation for creating world-class wines. See it from an entirely new perspective as you breeze over the picture postcard landscape.
Meet your pilot approximately one hour before sunrise (you will be advised of the exact time and location when you phone the duty pilot the night before your flight). Your pilot will give you a short briefing before being transported to the launch site where you may help with the launch or stand back and take photos of the balloon as it is inflated. Then, climb aboard and away you go gently floating over the Yarra Valley as if you were a cloud.
It is truly one of the most magnificently tranquil, picturesque and dream-like experiences you can do. Afterwards, make a final landing, pack the balloon away and have a champagne breakfast (additional cost of $30pp).
- 1-hour sunrise balloon flight with an award-winning hot air balloon company, the largest in Victoria
- In-flight commentary provided by expert pilots giving passengers an understanding of the various elements of ballooning, meteorology, altitude, navigation, equipment and air traffic control
- Complimentary return transfers in a Mercedes Sprinter bus for all guests staying in a CBD hotel if breakfast is added to the booking. Returning to parliament house after breakfast - the first free tram stop on the edge of the city
- Interactive involvement in the inflation and deflation process
- Free car parking at Rochford wines and Balgownie Estate
- A beautifully presented flight certificate and souvenir pack
- Carbon neutral flight
- Special offer for returning passengers
What's Not Included
- Optional) breakfast with Champagne after the flight at Rochford or Balgownie Estate
- In-flight photographs on a balloon-shaped USB, available to purchase for $40
Know Before You Go
• Adult: 13 years-old and older
• Child: 7 to 12 years-old
• Passengers need to be able to climb into the basket and stand for the hour flight
• Not suitable for women who are more than 12 weeks pregnant
• Allow approximately four hours in total, from check-in to the champagne breakfast celebration. The flight itself is one hour
• The price quoted is for one person. There will be a minimum of four and a maximum of ten people in the basket during your flight
• In the case of windy, wet miserable weather the flight is cancelled at the pilot's discretion. Flights are usually confirmed the night before
• Wear casual and comfortable clothing e.g. jeans and sneakers.
• Shoes must be flat - no high heels or open toed shoes permitted. Waterproof is preferable
• Bring a hat and your camera as there are some fantastic photo opportunities. The Champagne breakfast is not included in the price