Cruise from Victoria to Vancouver at 30 knots on the comfortable Ocean Magic sea vessel, looking for 2 types of Orca and 3 other whale species that frequent the Gulf Islands, The 5.5-hour adventure arrives in Vancouver in time for sunset.
What to Expect
This tour from Victoria to Vancouver is no ordinary sea crossing. You will cross the Strait of Georgia in a comfortable watercraft designed for whale watching.
Aboard the quick and comfortable Ocean Magic, explore the fabled San Juan Islands looking for 2 types of orca and 3 other whale species as you journey.
Trained naturalists will guide you and answer questions on the 2 different orca types and 3 whale species that frequent the Gulf Islands. Resident and transient orcas, minke, humpback, and grey whale sightings are all possible.
Look out too for several species of seals, sea lions, and porpoises. Look up to see eagles, shearwaters and several other marine bird species.
After a brief stopover at the Butchart Gardens Dock (no offloading permitted), head north past Salt Spring Island and through the Strait of Georgia to arrive in Vancouver just in time for sunset.
Guests are dropped off at the Westin Bayshore Hotel in Coal Harbor, with easy access to downtown Vancouver.
- Ocean Magic Adventure Crossing from Victoria's Inner Harbor to downtown Vancouver
- 2 Airline-style washrooms on-board
- Upper and lower viewing decks, for excellent photographic opportunities
- Rain-jackets and pants as required
- 2 experienced naturalists to interpret wildlife behavior and ensure guest safety
- A pantry with small snacks, coffee, tea, or hot chocolate available for purchase
What's Not Included
- Gratuities for crew
- Return trip to Vancouver
- Any additional tours from Victoria
Prince of Whales' Victoria Office, located at 812 Wharf St., Lower Causeway Level, Victoria, BC.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Tour departs promptly from the Victoria Prince of Whales office, located in the Lower Causeway of Victoria Harbor (812 Wharf St., Victoria, BC) at 13:15. Please be at the office for check-in 30 minutes before the tour begins (12:45). This tour cannot wait for late guests.
• Guests will be dropped off in Vancouver at the Westin Bayshore Hotel in Coal Harbor. The address for the hotel is 1601 Bayshore Dr., Vancouver BC. Prince of Whales staff will be happy to guide guests on how to get to their hotels or other Vancouver-based destinations.
• Prince of Whales has a 24-hour cancellation policy - if you wish to cancel your tour, please do so at least 24 hours in advanced or you will be charged full fare.
• Although Prince of Whales provides rain jackets and pants, please dress warmly as temperatures at sea can be significantly cooler than those on land.