Explore the city of star-crossed lovers on a 2.5-hour walking tour of Verona. See the highlights of the city center, and hear anecdotes about the romantic city of Romeo and Juliet. Admire the Roman Arena, and see some of the old city gates, and more.
What to Expect
Discover the city of “Romeo and Juliet” on a 2.5-hour walking tour of Verona. Meet your tourist guide in the central Piazza Bra, site of the Liston, Gran Guardia palace, Town Hall, and Arena, once able to seat up to 30,000 people. Marvel at its pink-tinged marble, before going to the Castelvecchio, a stronghold and residence built by Cangrande II della Scala in 1354. Go to the summit of the bridge for fantastic views and photo opportunities.
Walk on the Roman Postumia road to Borsari Gate, and then follow the Decumanus Maximus to the Forum in the old city center. Now known as Piazza Erbe, today the square is home to a lively market and the center of the city’s nightlife. Enter Piazza dei Signori, Verona’s most beautiful square, ringed by elegant palazzi. See the Gothic funerary tombs of the Arche Scaligere, dedicated to one of Verona’s ruling families from the 13th and 14th centuries.
Continue to the Basilica of St. Anastasia to admire a Gothic masterpiece and the city’s largest church. Then, it’s time to visit Juliet’s house and admire the famous balcony where, according to tradition, she leaned out to talk to Romeo. Leave a message or take a picture in front of the statue, or read Shakespeare’s verses.
Take the pedestrian Stella road back Piazza Bra square, without missing the “Ala” of the Arena that is the remaining part of the external ring.
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Tips and personal expenses
Meet your guide on Piazza Bra, in front of the equestrian monument to Vittorio Emanuele II
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• This tour is suitable for all ages
• Children under 6 years can take the tour for free
• The itinerary is easy and flat
• This tour requires a minimum of 2 people, and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met
• No penalty will be applied for cancellations made in writing to the organizer at least 6 days prior to the booked excursion date. For cancellations of between 6 to 2 days prior to the tour, 20% of the fare will be incurred. Cancellations made on the day before the tour will be charged 100% of the tour price
• This tour must be booked at least 24 hours in advance