Taste some of the finest Amarone wines at two remarkable wineries in the region. One is in the cellar of a breathtaking villa, and the other is a modern winery. Both produce award-winning wines. Enjoy wine tastings and a delicious lunch.
What to Expect
This is a full-day journey to Valpolicella, the ‘valley of many cellars’, where you will taste some of the finest Amarone wines produced in the region. The first leading winery you will visit produces classic versions of Amarone wine, and the location is equally impressive: an ancient and spectacular villa. An expert guide will explain the winemaking process. You will also enjoy a delicious three-course lunch at the villa, complemented by excellent locals wines.
The second part of the tour is held in a modern winery, which produces award-winning wines. Take a tour of the winery, guided by a local expert, who will share some know-how and explain the new style of wine production. An extended tasting will allow you to try a number of locally-produced wines, among which will be some of the top Amarone wines. You can relax with pick-up and drop off at your hotel.
- Tastings of four wines, including Amarone, during lunch in the villa
- Tastings of nine wines, including Amarone, in the modern winery
- 3-course lunch in the dining room of the villa
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (central Verona hotels)
What's Not Included
- Additional wine (available to purchase)
Know Before You Go
• The ambient temperature in some areas of the winery is about 15°C; during summer, please bring some warmer clothes to wear while inside