Verona: 3-Hour Bike Tour with Coffee StopProduct ID: 49996
From £39.30 per personBook now
- Experience the romance of Verona by bike
- Learn the history of the Romans and ruling Scaliger family in Verona
- Cycle along the banks of the Adige River
- Stop for a coffee/ice-cream
- See the balcony where Romeo declared his love for Juliet
- Admire the mighty amphitheater of the Verona Arena
- Travel back in time as you cycle a section of Via Sottoriva
- Visit the Gothic funerary tombs of the Scaliger family
Meet your guide near the Arena and pedal off to explore the Old City. Admire the Roman ruins of the Porta Leoni, the main point of entrance from the “Cardo Maximus” during the Roman Empire. See the balcony where Juliet stood as Romeo declared his love for her, and marvel at all the love notes pinned to the wall!
Next, admire the magnificent Arena in Piazza Bra, Verona’s largest public square. Go to the Porta Borsari, built in the 1st century BC on the site of a temple to Jupiter. Cycle through Piazza delle Erbe (Market Square) where the Forum was located at the time of the Roman Empire. Continue to Piazza dei Signori to see a statue of Dante. Go to the Gothic funerary tombs of the ruling Scaliger family, and cycle a section of Via Sottoriva, where you will feel as you have traveled back in time.
Admire the stone Ponte Pietra, Verona’s oldest bridge, and the hill leading up to the Castel San Pietro. Follow the Adige River to the Church of San Zeno, a masterpiece of Romanesque architecture dedicated to the patron saint of Verona.
On the way stop for a coffee/cappuccino or the best ice-cream in Verona.
- Local tourist guide
- Bike and helmet rental
- Coffee/ice-cream stop
- Food and drinks
- Tips and personal expenses
Meet your guide in front of Top Travel Team Travel Agency at Via Pallone 12/A -Verona, on the corner with Via Ponte Rofiolo, 400 meters from the Arena. (Open in Google Maps)
• No penalty applies for cancellations provided in writing to the supplier at least 6 days prior to the booked tour. For cancellations of between 6 to 2 days prior to the tour, a 20% fee of the full cost will be charged incurred. Cancellations from 1 day before the tour are charged in full
• This tour must be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
Product ID: 49996