From Veracruz: Tajin & Papantla Sightseeing Tour
From £138 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up is included from most hotels located in the Veracruz tourist area. An additional surcharge applies for passenger pick-up outside the Down Town area.
- Learn about Totonac culture, and visit Papantla on this day tour from Veracruz
- Admire the beautiful scenery of the Costa Esmeralda
- Discover the breathtaking Pyramid of the Niches at El Tajin
- Take a sightseeing tour in the historic trading city of Papantla
- Delve into Totonac history at the regional museum of the Totonacas
Your stop in El Tajin will give you the chance to learn more about the Totonac culture. You’ll be able to admire the impressive Pyramid of the Niches, a pyramid well-known for its unusual design and remarkable state of preservation. You’ll also visit 2 ancient ball courts, and in the north zone is Small Tajin, an area composed of numerous palaces.
After lunch you’ll visit Papantla, a town of great importance for vanilla production, regional handcrafts, and liquors. You’ll also visit its beautiful cathedral, dating from the 19th century, the central plaza with its fascinating mural depicting the history of the Totonac culture, and you can also explore the regional museum of the Totonacas.
- Roundtrip transfers from Veracruz City tourist area
- Optional tips
Pick-up is included from most hotels located in the Veracruz tourist area. An additional surcharge applies for passenger pick-up outside the Down Town area. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 8211