End your day like a true Venetian on this food and wine tour of the City of Bridges' iconic Jewish Quarter. The 2.5-hour tour will introduce you to 3 of Venice's best-loved wine bars and an area of the city unknown to most travellers.
What to Expect
Relax and reflect on your day, the Venetian way, by strolling through the Jewish quarter. On this tour, you will experience the local version of "happy hour" while discovering new wines and cicchetti appetizers in the Cannaregio neighborhood.
Your local guide will show you around this area's winding alleyways, bridges, and picturesque canals that inspired Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice. The first Jewish Quarter of its kind, it is also the stomping grounds of many Venetians who finish their days relaxing in one of its many cafes and restaurants.
Throughout the tour, you will be free to move at your own pace. While travelling from bar to bar, you will also visit a traditional open air market, eclectic shops, and other aspects of Venice unknown to the average traveler. Aside from learning the habits of the locals, the evening promises smooth wines and delectable food in three traditional bàcari (wine bars), hidden away down Venice's enchanting side alleyways.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 12 people or fewer
- Food: a selection of cicchetti
- 3 glasses of wine
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Meeting Point: At the foot of the east side (away from the train station) of the bridge Ponte delle Guglie, next to the restaurant “Trattoria alla Palazzina.”
GPS Coordinates: 45.443643, 12.325779
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
• Unfortunately, due to the particular kind of appetizers served in Venice’s typical wine bars, they cannot meet any special dietary requirements such as gluten-free or vegan options.
• We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.