Venice: Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Private TourProduct ID: 47760
From £310 Per group up to 2Book now
- Skip the lines to St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- Marvel at gold mosaics, marble inlays, and the gem-encrusted altar of the Pala d'Oro
- Learn how the Dukes of Venice ruled from the Doge's Palace
- Cross the Bridge of Sighs like the prisoners of the Venetian Republic
- Visit the cell where Casanova was incarcerated
- Get panoramic views of Venice from the terrace of Saint Mark's
Meet your guide on Saint Mark’s Square for an overview of the monuments from the outside. Take in the lively atmosphere of the street cafés, entertainers, and hundreds of pigeons! Then, go inside Saint Mark’s Basilica for a comprehensive tour of the marble and mosaic décor.
Learn the Basilica's history, and discover the biblical symbolism behind the cathedral’s art. Admire the precious stones of the Pala d’Oro, the high altar of Saint Mark’s. Enjoy panoramic views of the city and lagoon from the terrace.
Next, discover the seat of political power during the Venetian Republic at the Doge's Palace. Hear how the duke and his council controlled the fate of the 1.000-year Republic as you wander past masterpieces of art in the palace corridors. Relive the anguish of the prisoners that crossed the Bridge of Sighs, and experience the inside of the prison cell that was once home to Giacomo Casanova.
- Skip-the-line entrance to St. Mark's Basilica
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Doge's Palace
- Reservation and administration fees
Meet your guide in front of the column with the winged lion (lion of Venice) on Piazzetta di San Marco. Your tour guide will hold a LivItaly sign. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 47760