See Venice from the land and water on a 2-hour combined stroll through the fabled quarters of “La Serenissima,” and a gondola ride along the quiet canals. See the unusual façade of La Fenice, and hear curious stories about the Venetian Republic.
What to Expect
Combine an engaging 1.5-hour walking tour of Venice, strolling the streets between St Mark’s Square and the Rialto Bridge and market, with a Venice experience that everyone must try: a 30-minute gondola ride!
During the 1st part of your itinerary, an expert guide will reveal the magic and history of Venice outside some its most famous buildings. Walk from St. Mark’s Square at the heart of the former Venetian Republic. Admire the Byzantine façade of St. Mark’s Basilica and the imposing edifice of the Doge’s Palace before you depart.
Head towards Campo Santa Maria Formosa to learn the story of one of the most beautiful churches in Venice. See the former home of the explorer Marco Polo, and pass the Malibran Theatre, known for having the most extravagant stage in the city. Finally, walk to the Mercerie to discover a fascinating array of narrow streets where the valuable goods brought to the city from distant markets were sold.
Then, climb aboard a gondola for a 30-minute punt along the canals of Venice. Be lulled by the gentle sway of the lagoon as you move deeper into the minor canals. Coast past lesser known areas to see quaint corners and majestic palaces from a new perspective.
Admire the Basilica della Salute as you drift gently back to St Mark’s Basin and the start of the Grand Canal.
- 30-minute gondola ride
Meet your guide at ‘Yex’ Change Office, under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• During the winter period (from November 01 to March 31) the tour is bilingual. No explanations are provided during the gondola ride
• Please note that from 1 April to 31 October 31, English, Spanish, French and German tours run from Monday to Saturday, and Italian tours run on Saturdays
• From 1 November to 31 March, English tours are on Monday to Saturday, Spanish tours are on Wednesdays and Saturdays, French tours are on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and German tours are on Mondays, and Fridays
• Please note that this is a combo tour of 2 single itineraries: a 1.5-hour walking tour, and a 30-minute gondola ride
• No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no-show
• This is a collective tour
• The gondola ride might be suspended in case of bad weather. In such cases, go to the tour departure point to find out whether the tour will take place
• The whole tour itinerary may not be accessible to wheelchair users and those with walking difficulties