Skip The Line: St. Mark’s Cathedral and its Treasures
From £19 per personBook now
- Avoid queuing at the Basilica'a main entrance
- Learn the thousand-year long history of St Mark's Cathedral from a privileged seat at the centre of the church
- Admire the Treasure of St Mark’s Cathedral where there's hundreds of valuable pieces of Byzantine and Islamic art
- See St Mark’s Pala d’Oro, regarded as one of the most precious objects in the world
The visit starts in the center of the church where you will be comfortably seated as you listen to the fascinating thousand-year long history of the basilica. Next, you have a chance to admire the Treasure of St Mark’s Cathedral, housed in two rooms representing the only remaining relics of the former Venice Doge’s Palace. The Treasure, 283 unique pieces of mainly Byzantine and Islamic art, comprises splendid liturgical objects and a collection of reliquaries of the Cathedral.
The visit will then move on to the major altar, which enshrines St Mark’s remains and the magnificent Pala D'Oro, open to the public only during major celebrations. Considered one of the most precious objects in the world, the Pala d'Oro is made of gilded silver strips and decorated with precious stones and enamels.
- Guided Visit
- Skip-the-line entry to St Mark's Cathedral
- Entry to Treasure of St. Mark's Cathedral
- Entry to Pala d'Oro (Golden Pall)
- Anything not mentioned under "inclusions"
No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no show (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher).
This is not a private tour, there may be other participants on the tour with you.
Access to the Basilica is only permitted to visitors with suitable attire. Large bags are not permitted in the Basilica.
Product ID: 24877