Venice: St. Mark's Basilica Hidden Meanings TourProduct ID: 49057
From £394 Per group up to 10Book now
- Explore the hidden meanings behind the main sites of St. Mark's Square and Basilica
- Skip the long lines to the main church of Venice
- Hear a mysterious story about the columns of the Doge's Palace
- See the stunning mosaics of "La Serenissima"
Meet your guide by the statue of the lions on Piazzetta dei Leoncini, St. Mark’s Square, and learn the history of the piazza and its importance to “La Serenissima.” Your guide will explain the meaning of the lions, made from red marble.
Hear about the columns of the Doge’s Palace, and an untold story about the capitelli (the support at the top of the columns). Then, go inside St. Mark's Basilica to see the mosaics depicting scenes from the New Testament.
Your guide will describe some of the hidden symbols behind the architecture, unveiling a different side to Venice.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to St. Mark's Basilica
Meet next to the statue of the lion on Piazzetta dei Leoncini. Your guide will be holding a sign with "Passeggiate Italiane" written on it for ease of contact (Open in Google Maps)
• Please bring a scarf to use if asked
• Large bags and rucksacks must be left in the wardrobe
Product ID: 49057