Venice in a Day: City Sightseeing Tour by Land & WaterProduct ID: 55946
From £118 per personBook now
- See the iconic sights of Venice from the land and the water
- Enjoy a 30-minute classical gondola ride
- Skip the lines for tours of St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge’s Palace
- Take a Grand Canal Boat Tour and learn about the history of the city
Make your own way to St. Mark's Square, which is just a short distance from the gondola park. From here you’ll begin a walking tour of St. Mark's and the Basilica. Hear the history of this beautiful square and learn about the main landmarks, the golden mosaics, and the golden altarpiece inside the Basilica.
Continue to the Doge's Palace, and discover its history, artwork, and stunning chambers. Learn about the works of Titian, Veronese, and Tintoretto, and then follow your guide across the Bridge of Sighs to the prison from which Casanova escaped.
The Doge's Palace tour ends at 13:15, leaving you plenty of free time in the area for lunch and shopping before the boat tour.
Your Grand Canal Boat Tour is scheduled for 16:45. You’ll cruise along the most famous canal in the world, passing stunning palaces and historic buildings as you hear about poets and writers who visited the city.
- 30-minute classical gondola ride (maximum of 6 persons per gondola)
- Skip-the-line guided tour of St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- All entrance fees
- 1-hour Grand Canal boat tour (maximum of 10 persons plus guide per boat)
Santa Maria del Giglio gondola park, Campiello Traghetto 2467, next to Hotel Gritti Palace Look for the tour assistant holding an orange umbrella and a sign with the name of the tour on it. By vaporetto: Take the no. 1 boat and get off at Santa Maria Del Giglio. Walk down the street named Calle Gritti, and at the end you’ll arrive at a small square with a church in front of you and a well on your left. Turn left passing by the well and the restaurant and walk back down the street to the Grand Canal, and the gondola park. By foot: From St. Mark’s Square go under the arches and head towards the Correr Museum, taking the last arch on the left side of the square, making your way onto the street named Calle Larga XXII Marzo. Continue along, passing the church on your left, and cross the bridge near the gondola park in front of Hotel Bauer. Continue to the end of the street which bears left and then right, cross over the small bridge and into the small square (continue as above). (Open in Google Maps)
• Shoulders and knees must be covered when entering St. Mark’s Basilica
• No rucksacks or backpacks are allowed inside the Basilica
• This tour is not recommended for people with walking difficulties
• This is a combination of 4 tours, with time in-between the gondola tour and the walking tours, then free time after the Doges Palace and before the Grand Canal. You are supplied with a map and shown the meeting points of each tour. The last tour, the Grand Canal boat tour, ends at 17:45
• On rare occasions, Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed without warning. On these days the Basilica and the Square will be done externally only and the Doge's Palace will be 1.5 hours; total length of tour, 2 hours
Product ID: 55946