Cruise across the Venice Lagoon on board a traditional, hand-crafted wooden boat and get far off the tourist trail to see unique sites. See the orchards of St. Erasmo and tour the colorful islands of Murano and Burano.
What to Expect
Set sail on a traditional wooden boat and explore the Venice Lagoon far off the tourist trail. The boats are very comfortable and safe, and can ride over shallow water. The small, quiet outboards engines make the journey even more relaxed.
The 3-hour first tour heads towards the magnificent 13th-century monastry of St. Francesco del Deserto, founded by Francis of Assis. Pass St. Erasmo, the island still known as the "orchard of Venice," where vegetables found in the Rialto market are grown. See the salt marshes to glimpse what Venice looked like before it was built.
Take a sightseeing tour around Burano, and head back to Venice through Mazzorbo and Murano. If you wish you can finish your trip in Murano to visit a glass factory, or stop at the island of San Michele to visit the monumental cemetery.
- 3-hour boat tour
What's Not Included
- Entrance to the monastery of S. Francesco del Deserto is free, but a small donation is welcome
Know Before You Go
• Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
• If it is sunny, bring suncream and a hat.
• If it is cloudy, bring a raincoat, and don't forget your camera!
• If there will be 4 or less people booked for the tour the boat that will be used is the "Sampierotta" and not the "Bragozzo".
• Cancellation terms: 50% of fee for cancellations 7 days before the tour. Cancellation after 7 days before the tour, no refound. No show, no refound.