Explore the winelands of Soave in the Veneto on a full-day tour from Venice, Verona, or Padova. Stop at 2 different cantinas to sample different Soave wines, and enjoy lunch in a typical trattoria of the region.
What to Expect
Located between Verona and Venice, where the soil is mainly of volcanic origin, the Soave wineland is one of the most famous white wine producting regions in Italy.
On this 8-hour tour, explore the notable vineyards with an expert sommelier guide. Throughout the day, admire the romantic landscape and architecture, including Soave Castle, whose walls still surround the medieval town.
Start at a traditional and historic cantina, set in a medieval building in the center of Soave. Stroll through a courtyard, with its wisteria-smothered tower, and learn about the estate’s history and Soave’s traditions of winemaking and culture.
After an explanation of the wine producing process, taste wines paired with small bites of local salami and cheese. Next, take a scenic drive to a typical restaurant for a light lunch of traditional dishes, served with more wine.
After lunch, you will drive along hills covered in vineyards to a 2nd cantina, located in an 18th-century villa. The family has been involved in wine production since 1890 and was one of the first producers to introduce organic wines to Soave.
Tour the estate, and finish with a wine tasting, again paired with local meats and cheeses. As well as being a trained sommelier, your guide is a master cheese taster, so you are in expert hands!
- Transportation from Venice, Verona or Padua by car
- 2 cantina visits and wine tastings in English
- Light lunch at a trattoria in the wine country
- Personal wine guide (Mario or Silvia)
What's Not Included
- Any service not mentioned in the inclusions
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The selection of cantinas may vary depending on availability
• Visits on Saturday and Sunday need to be reserved well in advance
• The operator will do their best to satisfy any particular request, such as a visit to a specific producer or restaurant
• Please contact vendor to verify costs in case of different pick-up or drop-off locations