Visit the Doge’s Palace in Venice and discover a magnificent combination of Byzantine, Gothic, and Renaissance architecture. See the center of the Venetian Empire and the seat of the Venetian Government.
What to Expect
The Palazzo Ducale, or "Doge’s Palace," represented the seat of Venetian political power for centuries. With this 1-hour tour you will get entry to the splendid rooms, ornately outfitted in hundreds of masterpieces of art, where the Duke and his council controlled the fate of a 1,000-year-old republic.
Listen and learn as the palace comes to life in the company of an expert guide, who will show you the halls of power, plunging you into a very particular historical context – the European Middle Ages, and the immediately following centuries.
Be surprised by the rich details of the gold staircase and by the remarkable realism of the scenes created by the many artists who decorated the building. Relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and enter the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova, among many others.
- 1-hour guided tour inside the Doge's Palace
- Entrance tickets to all St. Mark's Square Museums (The Correr Museum, The Archaeological Museum, The Biblioteca Marciana)
Meet at the Yex Change office in St. Mark’s Square, under the arcades of the Clock Tower.
What to Remember
• Free for children aged up to 6
• Please note that your entrance ticket to the St. Mark's Square Museums does not include a guide. This ticket is valid for 3 months from date of emission
• In November to March, tours could be bilingual
• Because of security checks you might experience a line to get inside the Doge's Palace. You will skip the line for non reserved tickets but security check is mandatory.