Skip the long lines to enjoy fast-track entry to the Doge’s Palace in Venice and discover a magnificent combination of Byzantine, Gothic, and Renaissance architecture. Explore the Basilica of San Marco and the dreamy Bridge of Sighs.
What to Expect
This 3.5-hour walking tour takes in the highlights of Venice, with a few secret gems thrown in for good measure. With skip-the-line access to the Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s, you will cut out the long waiting times, and whisk from one highlight to the next.
Your first will be Rialto Bridge, the vast marble beauty that ran far beyond its budget. But when the sunlight dances on its smooth stone, and its reflection shines in the water below, it’s worth every penny.
Continue to Marco Polo’s house to hear about one of the most famous sons of Venice, who went to sea and came back with extraordinary stories of China and the East. Admire the lively Campo San Luca and Campo SS Giovanni Paolo, where locals carry out their daily deeds in the shadow of spectacular architecture.
Next, tour the Basilica San Marco, and marvel at the diversity of Venetian culture as your guide points out where eastern architecture and western design combine. In a rare extended tour, learn how St. Mark’s remains arrived illegally, and see countless treasures, some made in Venice and others plundered during the Crusades. End with a view over the Piazza from the 2nd floor of the Basilica.
Finally, tour the Doge’s Palace, where Casanova was held in an attic prison before his escape. Admire ceiling frescoes by Tintoretto and paintings by Veronese in the exquisite rooms. End with a walk across the Bridge of Sighs, named for the prisoners that walked its length on their way to their cells.
*Please be aware that due to “Jubilee Holy Year of Mercy” this year, St. Mark’s Basilica closes without notice. You will spend more time in other areas to ensure you have the best possible experience.
- Skip-the-line access to St. Mark’s Basilica
- Entrance ticket to the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica (approximate EUR 7 value)
- Skip-the-line-access and entrance to the Doge’s Palace (approximate EUR 19 value)
- Local expert guide
- Headsets where necessary
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What to Remember
• Groups are of no more than 20 people
• For all running days (excluding Sunday), the service ends at 12:30 at the Doge’s Palace. On Sundays the service ends at 18:00 at the Doge’s Palace
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking and steep staircases. Comfortable shoes are recommended
• Wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour
• It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure points
• Entrance into churches requires appropriate dress. Shoulders and knees must be covered. Entry may be refused due to improper dress
• Please do not bring large bags, tripods, non-collapsible umbrellas, or backpacks on this tour. They are not permitted in St. Mark’s Basilica and must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site. You may miss a portion of the tour for this procedure.
Please be aware that due to “Jubilee Holy Year of Mercy” this year, St. Mark’s Basilica closes without notice. You will spend more time in other areas.