San Giorgio Island: Labyrinth of Senses & Spirituality
- Enjoy the views of St. Mark's Square and the Venetian Lagoon from the bell tower
- Step back in time as you pass through the cloisters into the sacred atmospheres
- Admire the Genius of Palladio and priceless masterpieces of art
The 3-hour tour of the island begins with a visit to San Giorgio Church, a masterpiece designed by Andrea Palladio and still home to a community of Benedectine monks. Admire the priceless works of art of Jacopo and Domenico Tintoretto, Palma il Giovane, Carpaccio, and others.
After this walk across history and tradition, you will be escorted to the top of San Giorgio bell tower. Just one piece of advice: prepare you cameras well loaded since the view from here is one of the most beautiful in Venice. A breathtaking view over St Mark’s Square, the Salute Church, and the Venetian lagoon extends till the eye can see.
Then visit the prestigious Cini Foundation, a non-profit cultural institution located on the small island and keeper of incomparable heritage. It will be a charming itinerary which will take you among courtyards of the Renaissance and the majesty of the Baroque, timeless cloisters and monumental libraries keepers of immortal knowledge.
Stepping through the Palladian Cloister, the Cypress Cloister, the Palladian Refectory, the Longhena Staircase, the Manica Lunga (once the Benedectine dormitory turned into the central library of the Foundation), the Longhena Library, will be like stepping back in time, to a dimension of that Venice that is inexorably vanishing but still preserving tradition and an historical heritage of inestima-ble value.
After the visit you will be free to spend time exploring the Island or go ahead with your Venice trip schedule, worth a visit is the “Glass Tea House” by Japanese artist Hiroshi Sugimoto, a temporary pavilion and architectural work of art.
- Skip-the-line access to Cini Foundation
- Guided visit of the San Giorgio Abbey
- Access to the top of the San Giorgio Bell Tower
- Guided visit of the Cini Foundation
- All admission tickets
- Transportation to San Giorgio Maggiore
Meet at 09:45 at San Giorgio water bus stop. Please be sure to get at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before tour starting time (10.00)
* Please note that a local tour leader will escort you throughout the tour, and at Cini Foundation you will be guided by a specialized tour guide.
* Please note that San Giorgio Island can be reached by a 4-minutes vaporetto ride (LINE 2 public transportation) from St. Mark San Zaccaria stop. It is advised to buy transportation ticket also for return journey if you don't have daily ticket.
* Please note that no refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided.
Product ID: 59883