An unforgettable walk among history and beauty, the best way to discover Venice and its famous sites, as well its hidden gems.
What to Expect
This is an unforgettable tour to discover Venice through its narrow alleys called “calli”, countless bridges and wide traditional and picturesque squares, still the heart of Venetian people's social life. Let a professional guide take you into an unforgettable journey among Venice's beauties and history. Discover the famous sites as well as hidden gems mixed with interesting facts about the city of the Serenissima and its everlasting history.
The first highlight of the walking tour is St. Mark’s square, with the description of the majestic St. Mark’s Basilica, the elegant Doge’s Palace, the Clock Tower and the Procuratie.
From St. Mark’s square move forward to Campo Santa Maria Formosa, where you will admire the SS. Giovanni e Paolo church with the famous Pantheon. Follow the Scuola Grande di San Marco also known as “Great School of Charity” (the Captains of Fortune). Last but not least, head back to St. Mark’s and admire the Malibran Theatre, step through famous Mercerie, once the pulsing heart of commercial life back in time, nowadays Venice’s main shopping district between Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square.
Please note that this tour does not include entrance to main sites such as the Doge's Palace or the Basilica. It is a walking tour which will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided).
- Professional tour guide
- Personal headsets to hear the guide better
What's Not Included
- Entrance to sites (only external explanations)
Know Before You Go
• This tour does not include entrance to main sites and it will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided)
• No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided
• Please note that the tour might be multilingual in the winter season