Strolling in Venice 1.5-Hour Afternoon Walking Tour
From £19 per personBook now
- Discover the secret sights of Venice, along with some of its more famous monuments
- Learn about the city's links with the Orient
- Explore the picturesque streets surrounding the Rialto Bridge
- Go to some of the little squares ("campi") of Venice
- See some of the traditional bars ("bacari")
- Get off the crowded streets of the usual tourist trail
- Visit the Bovolo Staircase and La Fenice opera house
Your guide will take you to some of the “campi” (little squares of Venice) and point out thriving “bacari” (local bars), describing the surroundings and telling you interesting facts about life in a city built on water along the way.
Head towards the famous opera house of La Fenice, before going to the Bovolo Staircase, inspired by the architecture of the Orient and a living example of the city’s bond with the East. Named after the Venetian word for snail, the “Bovolo” clearly refers to its original spiral shape. Although pretty hard to find, a visit to this little gem is worth it.
Stroll the elegant area surrounding the Rialto Bridge, connecting the Sestieri (“districts”) of San Marco and San Polo. Learn how it was a busy crossing area in commercial life, always crawling with local and foreign merchants. The Rialto is still the pulsing center of shops and commercial life in Venice, as well as home to the picturesque food and fish market of the city.
Enjoy a beautiful view of the bridge from a dock on the Grand Canal. Photography lovers get ready!
- Headphones to hear your guide better
Meet your guide in front of Yex Change Office near the Clock Tower in St Mark's Square and from November, 1st 2016, at Campo San Moisè, the little square in front of Bauer Hotel. Please be sure to get there at least 15 minutes prior to tour starting time, this is very important Please provide a printed copy of your voucher to our staff (Open in Google Maps)
• Please note that no refund will be given for no shows or late arrivals
• The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally high tide in Venice or heavy rain the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
Product ID: 58724