Discover a different side to Venice on a 4-hour boat tour of the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello. Escape the crowds of the city center, and see the brightly painted houses of Burano, the famous glass blowers of Murano, and much more.
What to Expect
Escape the tourist crowds of Venice city center on a half-day boat tour of the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello, and discover a different side to the Venetian lagoon.
Meet your guide near the Ponte della Paglia, easily accessed from St. Mark’s Square. Leave the busy city center behind as you enter the quiet and timeless atmosphere of the lagoon.
Your guide will provide multilingual explanations as you cross to Murano, the largest of the 3 islands on the tour. Famous throughout the world for its ancient glass making traditions, you can choose to assist in a glass-blowing demonstration in a traditional glass factory, or explore the island on your own.
Continue to Burano to stroll among the brightly painted houses of one of the most enchanting parts of Venice. Learn about the island’s age-old lace making traditions, and visit a lace store to purchase any souvenirs or gifts that catch your eye.
Next, go to the small island of Torcello, the heart of the Venetian Lagoon before the rise of the Republic of Venice, and the oldest continuously inhabited island of the city. Experience the mysterious atmosphere and untouched nature of the sparsely populated island, before sailing back towards the buzz of St. Mark’s Square.
- Boat transport to and from the islands
What's Not Included
- Food and drink
- Entrance ticket to Torcello Cathedral
Meet at the yellow desk located on the Riva degli Schiavoni, at the feet of the Ponte della Paglia (which is the bridge located opposite the Bridge of Sighs).
Directions to get to the tour departure point from St. Mark's Square (approx. 2-minute walk): from the main entrance of the Doge's Palace proceed toward the lagoon; after the 2 columns of St. Mark and St Todaro, turn left; go straight forwards along the Doge's Palace and cross the bridge; you will find the yellow desk just after the bridge.
What to Remember
• Unfortunately this tour is not suitable for wheelchair users
• Please note that there is a short walk from the meeting point to the point of embarkation
• During your stop in Murano (approximately 40 minutes) there will be some free time and the option to visit a glass factory to watch a short demonstration of the art of blown glass
• During the stop in Burano (approximately 35 minutes), you can visit a lace store or enjoy some free time
• During the stop in Torcello (approximately 45 minutes) you are free to do as you wish
• Kindly comply with the timetable set out by the staff; the excursion will head back at the scheduled time, without waiting
• This is a multilingual tour
• Please arrive at the meeting point at least 20 minutes before the tour departure time