Explore Doge's Palace on our special and exclusive Secret Itineraries Tour led by a knowledgeable guide. See very special rooms that you wouldn't see on normal group tours and learn the secrets behind this fascinating place.
What to Expect
The Doge’s Palace features the very best and the very worst of Venice’s history. From vast paintings by Tintoretto and Veronese to the wooden slot where accusations of treason were slipped to the fearsome Secret Police, this notorious landmark tells a compelling tale.
Your tour of the palace visits all the best sights open to the public in addition to the Secret Itineraries, assuring you get the most complete tour of the Doge’s Palace. Follow your guide to the attic prison where Venice’s famous lover Casanova was kept for months before he miraculously managed a successful escape. Visit the spectacular Bridge of Sighs. Its name refers to the prisoners who walked over it, taking their last glance over Venice, and couldn't help but sigh.
A visit to the Doge’s Palace is a roller coaster experience, taking you from the artistic highs of Renaissance Venice to its grim bottom. When you step, blinking back into the sun, your head will be full of masterfully executed paintings and needlessly executed prisoners. One thing is for sure – you’ll never again see Venice in the same light.
- Skip-the-line access and entrance ticket to the Doge’s Palace (approx EUR 19 value)
- Entrance into the Doge’s Palace Secret Itinerary
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Headsets where necessary
- Groups no larger than 25 people
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Meeting Point: Meet at the foot of Ponte della Paglia, just in front of the Doge's Palace, facing the lagoon.
Meeting Time: 15 minutes prior to tour departure.
What to Remember
• Please note that children under 6 years olf are not permitted on this tour.
• Clients must arrive at the designated meeting point and present their tour voucher to the tour coordinator/guide.
• Late arrivals will not be able to catch up with the group and no refunds will be given for those who arrive after departure time.