Romeo and Juliet’s Verona: Full-Day Trip from VeniceProduct ID: 59339
From £130.14 per personBook now
- Enjoy a tour that takes you to see the top sites of Verona
- Visit Juliet’s Balcony, where local legend has it that Shakespeare’s heroine stood to receive her Romeo
- Skip the lines waiting to enter the ancient Roman amphitheater, one of the world’s top opera venues
As you walk into the city you’ll stop off along the way for a skip-the-line visit to the ancient Roman amphitheater, a 1st-century marvel that is one of the greatest amphitheaters in Italy and also among the top opera venues in the world. You’ll also see the Verona Duomo from the outside, and have a quick look at the interior of the beautiful Basilica of Saint Anastasia.
Then it’s on to the home of Shakespeare’s Juliet, the top attraction in Verona. From the outside, you can look up at the famed balcony where Juliet stood when Romeo came to do his wooing. There is also a statue of Juliet here, and you can rub her breast for good luck!
Next you’ll head into the historic center to discover other gems of this lovely city. Visit Piazza Bra and Piazza delle Erbe, see the Palazzo Maffei, the Palazzo Barbieri, and the famous Mazzanti houses, boasting façades decorated with lovely 16th-century frescoes. Stop by Piazza Dante to see the statue of Italy’s most famous writer.
The afternoon will include a walk along the river past the Casa di Romeo and the ancient Roman gates of Porta Borsari and the Arco della Costa, where you’ll hear one of most bizarre local legends ever.
You’ll also see the Scaligeri family tombs, which are incredible examples of gothic architecture.
Finally, be sure to have a look at Lamberti Tower and walk over the iconic Castelvecchio Bridge before your guide puts you back on the train to Venice.
- Round-trip transportation from Venice
- All venue ticket costs
- English-speaking local guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
Piazzale Roma, by the bridge called Ponte della Costituzione Standing in Piazzale Roma, facing the bridge, the meeting point is on the right-hand side. (Open in Google Maps)
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
• Please remember that churches visited during the tour are holy places, and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. The tour operator cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress
Product ID: 59339