Avoid the long queues with skip-the-line access during this private guided tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter's Basilica. Explore the highest concentration of art in the world in 3 hours.
What to Expect
Your guide will meet you outside the Vatican museums where you can make special requests for any "must see" attractions. Your tour is private and your guide will be happy to personalize the visit according to your preferences.
While most of the visitors go directly to the Sistine Chapel, you'll have chance to first visit the Pinacoteque, where you can see masterpieces by Giotto, Melozzo, Raphael, Leonardo da Vinci and Caravaggio.
Walking through the Pinecone Courtyard, admire the monumental 1 AD head of Augustus. From here, see the thousands of Roman sculptures of the Chiaramonti Gallery and recognize the traditional Roman style based on the true image of reality.
Enter the Pio Clementino Museum and discover the artworks that inspired the Michelangelo and Raphael Renaissance, including the Apoxyomenos, the Belvedere Apollo, the Belvedere Torso and the famous statue Laocoonte.
Stroll around the Sala Rotonda where monumental gods and emperors guard you, amidst the shining red porphyry Elena and Costanza sarcophagi and the tombs of Constantine's mother and daughter. Visit the Gallery of the Candelabra, the Gallery of the Maps and the Gallery of the Tapestries, leading to the Pope's apartments.
The Raphael Rooms are the private chambers of the popes who supported the Renaissance and are sure to be one of the highlights of your visit. See the masterpieces of "Her Majesty" Raphael.
Continuing your journey to the Collection of Modern Religious Art, discover works by Picasso, Van Gogh, Chagal, Dalì and Kandinsky — paintings you perhaps wouldn't expect to encounter in such an old museum.
Marvel at the Sistine Chapel, the heart of the Western world of art. Contemplate the Genesis and the Last Judgement of Michelangelo. Take your time to absorb these masterpieces.
Enter the biggest Basilica in the world, the Basilica of St. Peter. See the Michelangelo Pietà, the Bernini Baldacchino and the several tombs of the popes, including the beloved John Paul II.
- Private Guide
- Private Tour
Your guide will be holding a sign saying "(Your name) Vatican Private Tour GetYourGuide".
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security checkpoint
• Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security
• This tour enables you to skip the long queues to enter the Vatican museums
• Tours on Wednesdays: There is the possibility that you will not be able to include St. Peter's Basilica and St. Peter's Square if your tour is on Wednesday. This is due to the weekly Papal Audience. As an alternative, you'll be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael Rooms. If you would prefer a ticket with guaranteed access to St. Peter's Basilica and the square, please choose a different day of the week