Take the family on a fun river rafting expedition of the West Glacial River of Vestari-Jökulsá in North Iceland. Enjoy the staggering beauty of the river canyon and jump in the river to cool down.
What to Expect
On this 4-hour rafting excursion of North Iceland you will wind your way through the irresistible landscapes of the Vesturdalur Valley, before drifting deep into the staggering beauty of the West Glacial River canyon. Jump in the river, have a splash, or just relax and take in the magnificent scenery.
The trip takes things at an easy pace and is suitable for anyone aged 8 or over who wants a day of fun, combined with soft adventure in dramatic scenery. Featuring bubbling hot springs and a mind-blowing landscape, everyone, from the novice rafter to the whole family can enjoy a gentle white-water experience and the unique opportunity to explore the Icelandic wilderness from the depths of the West Glacial River's magnificent canyon.
As you negotiate gentle rapids, through the twists and bends of the towering gorge, you will pause to sample hot cocoa from nature's own kettle, get caught up in a friendly water fight, bathe your soul in the invigorating glacial runoff, or simply kick back and let your troubles drift away with the meandering waters!
Looking for more action? Then check out our “Beast of the East” rafting trip!
- All rafting equipment (dry suits, helmets, PFDs, booties, gloves)
- Experienced professional guides & safety kayakers
- Transportation between rafting base and the river
- Riverside refreshments
What's Not Included
- For an additional fee we offer pick-up from Akereyri
Know Before You Go
• What to bring: Thermal underwear / base layers; Warm fleece top / wool sweater; Fleece pants / extra long johns; Thick wool socks / hiking socks (at least 1 pair); Dry change of clothes for after the trip
• Be prepared to get wet! All clothing worn on the river should be made of fleece, wool, or other synthetic materials that keep their insulating ability when wet. NO COTTON!
• Disclaimer: All river rafting trips are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. Arctic Adventures does not assume any responsibility for accidents caused by its clients or which can be traced to their own actions. Participants will be required to sign a waiver form prior to their trip, acknowledging that all outdoor adventure activities carry an inherit risk. We reserve the right to cancel trips at any time due to safety reasons.