Enjoy this day tour of Varanasi the City of Varanasi full of history, visit the Sarnath, the city where the Lord Buddha gave his first sermon, and witness the Aarti ceremony at the Ghats of the city. You'll start from boat ride in Morning in Varanasi.
What to Expect
Early in the morning at 5:30 you'll leave for a 2-hour boat ride on the Ganges to see the bathing Ghats (or steps from a river bank) & cremation sites. Sunrise on the river front, as seen from a boat, can be a spiritually uplifting sight.
After breakfast, you'll tour Sarnath, a very important pilgrimage centre for Buddhists, because this is where the Buddha preached his first sermon after achieving enlightenment. Sarnath's temples and the accompanying archaeological museum are full of Buddhist art and treasures.
After lunch, you'll visit the Bharat Mata temple which has a huge relief map of India carved into marble. After that, you'll visit Durga Temple, Tulsi Manas Mandir, and have an evening rickshaw (tricycle) ride passing through the busy streets and bazaars of Varanasi.
In the evening arrive at the holy river Ganges, where you can witness the traditional ceremonies amidst hundreds of lighted candles and flower offerings. After sightseeing you are dropped at the hotel / train station in Varanasi at 19:30.
- All transfers and sightseeing by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Monument entrance fees
- Buffet lunch
- Professional tour guide
- Rickshaw (Tricycle) ride in the local bazaar of Varanasi
- Morning boat ride in holy river Ganges
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Items of personal nature such as telephone calls, telegrams, table drinks and laundry etc
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Dress code is casual
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions as well as pregnant women
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Cancellation policy: GetYourGuide’s policy is free cancellation up to 24 hours before the tour and no refund after this time