Discover the coastal mountains of Valparaiso during a 1-day trek to the summit of Cerro la Campana. Enjoy views of the Andes and Aconcagua and explore the unspoiled trails and local flora and fauna.
What to Expect
Experience the beauty of the Chilean coastal mountains of Valparaiso on this full-day trek to the summit of the Cerro La Campana mountain, 1,828 meters above sea level.
At 07:00, depart from your hotel in Valparaiso or Viña del Mar. Enter La Campana National Park, a UNESCO-declared Biosphere Reserve. On the ascent to the top of the mountain, walk along unspoiled trails, passing mountain streams, impressive hillsides and primal oak forests. Get to know the flora of this mountain region and enjoy the fresh air and surrounding native plants and trees.
At the highest point of the trek, at the summit of the Cerro La Campana, enjoy a fantastic clear view on the Andes and Aconcagua (depending on the weather conditions). Follow in the footsteps of Charles Darwin during his 1834 excursion as you take in the impressive landscapes.
Return to your hotel at approximately 16:30.
- Private transportation
- Bilingual guide
- National park entrance fees
- Mineral water during trek
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the tour. No refund for no shows or cancellations after 48 hour window
• Itinerary and terms and conditions are subject to change due to availability, weather conditions or security reasons
• Seasonally-appropriate clothing, sun protection and stable trekking shoes are recommended, as well as a warm or wind-proof jacket for the later afternoon